Gardener/Handyman – French speaker – Biarritz, SW France
Valued client of Hutchinson’s is looking for a gardener handyman for their property in this beautiful part of South West France.
The garden is of about half an hectare (about 1 ¼ acre), surrounded by hedges on all sides. There are numerous flower-beds, a small vegetable garden, and some areas laid to lawn.
Your tasks would include (but not be limited to):
• Maintaining the garden in good order, attending to all horticultural matters, planning garden
works according to the seasons, ensuring that the automatic watering system is in good working
• Cleaning and maintaining the swimming pool.
• Ensuring that the main house and annex buildings are sound and in good order, including walls,
shutters, gutters, roofs and external lights.
• Maintaining all the terraces and patios, cleaning all the garden furniture.
• Cleaning cars and taking them to servicing, filling with petrol and occasionally driving the
client’s family or other members of staff to various local locations.
This role requires a non-smoker, with a full, clean drivers licence.
You must be able to speak French to a sufficient standard to communicate with other staff and local suppliers/contractors.
Working days will be Monday-Saturday during the summer and Monday-Thursday in the winter.
The salary on offer is Euro 1,800 net per month and you would need to live locally (no accommodation is offered at the property)
|Job Category||Full time, Live out|
|Duties||maintaining garden, cleaning and maintaining swimming pool, cleaning cars, clean drivers licence, self-sufficient|
|Salary||1800 Euros net per month|