ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHER
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
Essential Requirements: Teacher qualification, 3-5 years’ experience, strong communication and organisational skills. Degree in English & Literature
A private day school for students aged three to eighteen, which provides a Holistic curriculum is seeking an exceptional English Language and Literature teacher with three years’ experience. The school's teaching and learning philosophy is inquiry-based and student-centric, with an emphasis on customized learning, and is based on international best practice. To facilitate this, the student-to-teacher ratio is no more than 4:1, and each student has a unique schedule created to help him or her reach his or her maximum potential.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Teaching & Learning
- Use appropriate teaching and learning strategies to ensure and enable students to make optimum progress.
- To manage student learning through effective teaching in accordance with the schemes of work and policies as per international standards.
- To ensure continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching.
- To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of student needs
- To set and mark homework regularly (in accordance with the school homework policy)
- To set high expectations for students, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
- To use positive management of behaviour in an environment of mutual respect that allows students to feel safe and secure and promotes their self-esteem.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting, and Accountability
- To be immediately responsible for the processes of identification, assessment, recording and reporting for the students in their charge.
- To create and implement IEPs that ensure individual attention is given in order to help students to learn, make good progress throughout the academic year.
- To assess students’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
- To be familiar with international standards for assessment and reporting procedures and to prepare and present informative, helpful and accurate reports to parents.
Subject Knowledge & Understanding
- To have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of English Language and Literature at the secondary and tertiary stages and the specifications for examination courses.
- To keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and the subject area.
Professional Standards & Development
- To be a role model to students through personal presentation and professional conduct.
- To be involved in extracurricular activities
- To liaise effectively with parent/carers and with other agencies with responsibility for students’ education and welfare.
Support for other areas
- To participate in staff events by arrangement and to contribute and participate in events and activities where possible.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and parents/carers.
Continuing Professional Development
- In conjunction with the line manager, take responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up to date with research and developments.
- Undertake any necessary and identified professional development taking full advantage of any relevant training and development available, particularly when related to the use of ICT, for data management and record keeping.
Candidates must have a teacher qualification along with 3-5 experience in teaching English Language and Literature. A current enhanced DBS or equivalent is required. Accommodation and transportation to and from the workplace are provided. Salary is in the region of SAR 18,000-20,000. January 2024 start. Candidates with British and/or American experience in an international context are encouraged to apply. (HU4110)