ESTATE MANAGER/MAINTENANCE/ CHAUFFEUR/SECURITY
PULBOROUGH, WEST SUSSEX
Essential Requirements: Experience in domestic service. Flexible working hours, willing to travel with principals. Longevity in previous similar position. Fluent English, good communication skills and pro active. Child and pet friendly. Must hold a clean driving licence essential.
Large country house on an estate, home to a family of five which includes three children between 8 and 6yrs who are looked after by two rotational nannies and they are responsible for all nursery duties for the children. The family have two cats and a dog – so you must be comfortable around animals.
Maintenance/Chauffeur/Security role will be responsible for maintaining technical aspects and exterior of the house, regular driving and being part of an on-site security team.
- Understanding all the highly technical and SMART equipment of the house and actively checking and ensuring all is working correctly.
- Minor indoor repairs and general household maintenance
- Co-ordinating the third-party companies for any service and repairs.
- Running a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (PPM).
- Ensure the exterior of the house, including terraces and windows are clean.
- Seasonal upkeep of the swimming pool.
- Outside furniture maintained to a high standard and cushions set up and clearing away
- Look after the family’s dog and cats - possible future pets if/when required.
- Drive whenever requested by the employer, including regularly to/from London and occasionally to Europe, including overnight stays.
- Flexible work hours will be part of this role as there will be regular driving in evenings and weekends, with some intensive and other quieter periods.
- Run household errands for the family.
- Occasionally drive the children to school or activities.
- Ensure all daily used cars are clean, roadworthy and with charge / fuel
- Driving License essential
- Liaise with security companies who manage the technical aspects of security and have a thorough understanding of these systems.
- Coordinating with the other team members living on-site to ensure there is a 24/7 security presence, including regular CCTV monitoring and patrols
- Ensure all security systems are maintained and serviced at the relevant time
- Total discretion, confidentiality, and integrity at all times.
- Highly organised, pre-emptive and flexible.
- Excellent attention to detail with the capacity to maintain an overview of all activities.
- Good teamwork and communication with the employer, the private office and wider support staff.
- Smartly presented with a professional outlook and positive “can do” manner
You will be required to work 5 days a week. Flexible to cover weekends when needed. The family travel during the school holidays. TOP SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE. Accommodation provided if required, 2 days off per week. Driver with clean license Essential. ASAP Start. (HU4115)