ESTATE/HOUSEHOLD MANAGER - LIVE OUT
KENSINGTON, LONDON W8
Part residence property.
Essential Requirements: Previous UHNW Household experience. Proven staff management skills.
Strong front of house and service skills. Good communication skills. Immaculate presentation. Flexible and adaptable to work longer hours when the principal is in residence.
We are seeking a live out Estate/Household Manager with knowledge in the running of a large VIP residence.
As the Principal will not be in residence for more than 3 to 4 months of the year, flexibility when the family is in residence is needed, though normal working hours are 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday.
The estate comprises of a main London residence and 2 or 3 smaller London residences.
- Setting up manuals, procedures, creating staff working descriptions and appraisals, keeping inventory and stock control records and suchlike.
- Excellent staff management, administration, front of house and service skills and the ability to work closely alongside some long-term employees.
- Ability to formulate annual operational financial budgets and keep control of actual costs against budget. Will be assisted by the family Office.
- All household technical care is supervised by personnel in the Family Office, based in Mayfair. Day to day maintenance will be within the remit of the Estate Manager.
- Flair, elegance, and an eye for detail required for this position.
- Must have the ability to work alongside and manage 8-10 members of staff, assisting, training, and guiding as required. Previous longevity (ideally 6 years with one employer) working as an Estate Manager is required for this position.
- Confident in interfacing with architects, engineers and surveyors in the delivery of high-end projects such as updates and large refurbishments
- Be able to identify any issues with MEP infrastructure, troubleshoot where necessary and should the need arise, liaise with relevant contractors to resolve matters in a prompt and timely manner.
- Diarise and manage throughput of maintenance contractors to ensure agreement contracts are adhered to and implemented at prescribed times.
- Occasional formal and informal events may take place within the grounds of the residence, and you should be able to organise, plan and execute these to ensure the smooth running of the function.
Salary in the region of £60,000 to £70,000 Gross per annum. Start ASAP. (HU3892)