EXPERIENCED DOMESTIC COUPLE
HOUSEKEEPER/FAMILY COOK/HANDYPERSON/MAINTENANCE GARDENER/DRIVER
Essential Requirements: Flexible proactive couple with experience working in a country household, genuine animal and country lovers, long term, family oriented, team players, BOTH must drive, willing to work weekends when needed
An experienced domestic couple is required to share the day-to-day management of a large country household in the Meon Valley, approx. 20 mins drive from Winchester. This is a part residence home of a mature couple who also have a home Overseas and a property in London. Essential that candidates have a flexible attitude to their work and can keep the residence running smoothly in the principal’s absence.
- Cleaning to a high standard throughout the home
- Laundry, ironing and wardrobe management
- Care and cleaning of high-quality furnishings, fine art, and fabrics
- Provisioning and household organisation and management
- Overseeing 3rd parties including window cleaners, plumbers, electricians, dry cleaners, to ensure household is constantly in full working order
- Kitchen support and informal service when the family entertain
- Helping with planning family parties and entertaining
- Cooking/ food prep for the principals when in residence and their visiting children and grandchildren.
- Capable to prepare a good Sunday lunch
- Assistance with caring for the owners 2 dogs when required.
- Pet sit and house-sit when the family are away.
Grounds/General Household responsibilities
- Household maintenance and general maintenance work throughout the house and grounds
- General garden maintenance, duties include maintenance of flowerbeds, lawns, allotments and use of machinery (tractors/mowers etc). There will be support with outside gardener.
- Looking after cars
- Occasional driving (airport runs)
- Liaising with security providers, service providers and monitoring systems.
- Overseeing 3rd parties including oil tanks, cess pit, car services/MOT
- Pool maintenance alongside contractor
- Machinery maintenance. alongside contractor
- Helping/serving when entertaining
- Pet sit and house sit when the family are away
Working week: 5 days inc weekends when required. 2 days off per week.
Accom 2 bed cottage within the grounds of the residence, newly refurbished, can be furnished or unfurnished. Sorry no dogs (ideally no pets) or dependents.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE ASAP Start. (HU3973)