An HNW family with four children is looking for a Butler fluent in English and French to complement a team in their new Monaco residence. This experienced Butler will need to have already participated in the setup of homes and worked for a family with young children for quite a few years. The role requires someone who is independent, structured and a highly effective and professional, reactive to change, proactive and flexible.
You must maintain confidentiality at all times and be able to handle various tasks simultaneously while remaining calm and in control in highly demanding situations.
Be ready to travel with the family and in other households worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities can be described as follows (non-exhaustive)
- Follow and maintain required service operating standards.
- Provide exceptional service and above all personal attention to the family and their belongings.
- Greet and escort the family and their guests when they arrive and depart.
- Communicate with the driver and other household staff about the comings and goings of the family to ensure service runs smoothly.
- Respect the code of conduct and always look out for the family guests needs by being present but discreet.
- Pre-empt certain situation and needs through a good understanding of the rhythm of the house.
- Look after all guests and be especially attentive to family members.
- Be responsible for the service of all meals, beverages and snacks for the family and guests in the house but also at other venues.
- Ensure the necessary setups and par stocks of equipment are maintained cleaned, polished regularly to the product standard.
- Carry out the daily cleaning of all work areas and surfaces.
- Participate with housekeeping in the cleaning and setup in areas of the house where service is performed.
- Assist in the cleaning of decorative items with utmost care.
- Assist in keeping impeccable and organized wardrobes as well as with packing and unpacking.
- Handle deliveries and corresponding invoices for the household but also for direct family
purchases, ensuring these are added to inventory and can be traced checking them for quality and physical condition.
- Participate in the keeping of inventories and ensure the correct and timely “mise-en-place” of items used regularly by the family.
- Running errands and shopping as well as other necessary tasks
- Work alongside staff in all service positions to provide direct support for the activities of all residential service staff.
- Provide feedback / recommendations on improvements to protocols to improve service.
This is a live-out position. Excellent references, drivers licence required. Salary negotiable based on experience. (HU3652)