FAMILY PA/ASSISTANT/NANNY/FAMILY COOK
DAILY 10am -7pm MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Essential Requirements: Flexible, TECH SAVY, competent with technology and diary management. Confident family cook, cooking daily for 5 people. Dog lover and previous experience of childcare especially relating to age 11 yrs upwards. Team player, attention to detail, fluent English and strictly non smoker. Clean driving licence and confident driver.
For a family of five with 6 storey, 5 bedroom family home in West London.
This is a large family home with 3 children 18, 16 and 11yrs, the two youngest at day school in London. The older children are independent and now just the youngest needs after school care, both parents work full time. Full time and part time housekeeper is employed.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Booking, confirming and keeping on top of family appointments (dental, doctors, other health, prescription collections etc.)
- Keeping family personal diaries updated with school commitments and adhering to deadlines.
- Working closely with the Executive Assistant/family office to ensure diaries and commitments are aligned.
- Pick up and drop off support with school runs, play dates and activities (flexibility needed to help with possible lastminute requests as per family's requirements)
- Organising all children’s clothes / sports kits for school days, school sports matches and other events. Ensure bags are packed correctly and according to their schedules. Ensure all school clothes are named and labelled and action if any new sizes need ordering / replenishing.
- Managing and maintaining children’s wardrobes throughout. Folding clothes neatly daily, tidying bedrooms and changing beds.
- Proxy parenting - staying over when parents occasionally travel. Being a responsible adult for the arranging and organisation all aspects of children’s wellbeing in parents’ absence.
- Arrange and manage all dry cleaning, drop-off and collection
- Knowing the house, how it works and how the family uses it
- Answering the door and managing all deliveries
- Informing family of any necessary concerns to do with any systems or required household maintenance, carrying out any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask
- Meet and supervise tradesmen and contractors for the house e.g. security alarm, plumbers, gardeners etc. with good clear communication to and forth with the family and finance office.
- Responsible for daily preparation and cooking of family dishes, all grocery shopping online and also for fresh produce locally sourced. The family eat at different times, so a degree of forward planning and preparation will be essential. The family prefer fresh healthy dishes, mostly Mediterranean or Modern British using fresh produce which includes Fish, Vegetables, Pasta, Soups, variety of salads and small amount of meat. Ensuring varied and well-balanced meals are prepared, with snacks, lunch boxes and healthy after school snacks are available. The family have no allergies and eat a normal diet. There is no baking.
- Staying over at the London property from time to time when the family are on holiday for security purposes and to look after the pets.
- Daily feeding and walking the dogs (4) shared with other staff.
- Taking dogs to vets and giving medication when necessary
- Occasionally travelling with the family to their Somerset residence, to assist when necessary.
Salary circa £45-50,000 Gross per annum depending on experience and qualifications. ASAP Start – weekend off. Driver with clean licence essential. Tech savy with competent technology skills essential. FLUENT ENGLISH AND NON SMOKER ESSENTIAL (HU4102)