Chalet Intendant - ALPS
We are seeking an experienced Intendant to take care of the overall running and care of a large, high profile clients’ Chalet. The current employee has been in post for 20 years and will retire after a handing over period with the new Intendant. Normally the family use the chalet for 2-3 months during the ski season and occasional short visits. At this time, a full additional staff are brought in to work alongside the Intendant.
You are a person who is able to operate in and around wealth, with a strict sense of privacy towards the principal and their environment. You manage a private alpine residence and therefore are in charge of its upkeeping, safety and maintenance throughout the seasons. You are a hands-on person who is not afraid of manual work. You are required to manage a strict budget and reduce costs when asked.
You are a person that goes above and beyond providing for the principals.
You are fluent in English and in French or German.
The position reports to the residence manager and to the principal’s overall properties manager.
The position requires a good physical condition as there is a substantial amount of physical work.No accommodation is provided, but lodging will be taken care of when presence is required occasionally in other locations. No car is provided but a driving license is a must. Salary circa 95,000 Euros per annum plus bonus. An EU passport holder is essential.
List of tasks and responsibilities
• Seasonal related upkeep of the exterior grounds.
o Snow clearance in the winter months
o Lawn, trees, lake upkeep in the summer
• Yearly drainage of the lake followed by a thorough clean.
• Clearing/cleaning & setting up all terraces when weather allows.
o Making sure the heating system is operational.
• Clear snow from all parking areas on the property
• Make sure all pathways and car access are free of snow and safe
• Ensure all vehicles are clean, tanks filled, and the yearly technical maintenances done
• Handy skills put to practice (fixing, building, repairing…)
• Oversee seasonal refurbishment, building or maintenance projects