Hands on Housekeeper / Family cook / Gardener / handy person / security.
Country loving, self-sufficient and pro active couple is required for a traditional period farmhouse, 5 bedroom 4 bathroom in 2 acres of gardens.
This is a weekend and holiday home of a professional couple whose main residence and business is in Central London. They live an informal lifestyle, arrive on Friday afternoon and leave Sunday evening. The property will be used by family members and their guests, mainly as a relaxing weekend retreat, but occasionally during major holiday times i.e. Easter, Summer and Christmas, larger numbers of family including children may visit.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the property and grounds, covering all aspects of housekeeping, cleaning, washing and ironing, food shopping, household provisioning, gardening, household maintenance and overseeing contractors etc.
When in residence the housekeeper will prepare lunch and dinner for the principals and any guests, good fresh healthy home cooking, lots of fish, vegetables, variety of salads mainly based on Mediterranean style dishes including vegetarian options. Although the principals like to entertain family and friends, all entertaining is informal and no more than 8-10 people. For any formal entertaining outside caterers will be available.
Partner will be responsible for the day to day management of this small estate, which will include the gardens and greenhouse, vegetable garden, lawns, flower beds, pond and small area of woodland. Other duties will include general property maintenance, hence good DIY skills are required. There is an outdoor swimming pool and tennis court to care for, cars to fuel and clean and occasional driving to the local station and airport occasionally. A major refurbishment programme is planned and the couple will be required to oversee contractors, manage the works and oversee security. Good communication skills are essential. Both of the couple should drive, a car is provided for work related use.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
2 days off mid-week
One bedroom furnished cottage provided - one well behaved pet welcome
Must be non-smoking and speak fluent English
Previous estate experience essential
GENERAL MANAGER – LUXURY ESTATE
In the Middle East
with above average tax-free salary package and excellent benefits.
We are looking for candidates with a superior background as a GM in a 5* International Hotel chain, (Leading Hotels of the World, or similar level,) with a minimum 5 years’ experience, or in a high-end luxury environment, with a significant private real estate portfolio and/or within Royal/Presidential households.
Candidates need to have experience in pre-opening phases and set-up along with a wide range of operation involvement together with an excellent understanding of true Luxury concept. You must have worked in at least 3 different countries, including Europe and be comfortable in dealing with UHNW individuals, VVIP's and Diplomats as well as their family offices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Overseeing a large private luxury property in the Middle East, you will have the responsibility to oversee, coordinate and direct all aspects of the activities of the property. You will ensure that all hospitality related services are delivered in an elevated, professional and fitting manner.
- Responsible for a large number of staff from varied nationalities
- Planning, organising and directing all operations and services, including
Food & Beverage (Production and Service), Housekeeping & Laundry,
Health & Safety, along with Food Hygiene, Guest Reception and Handling,
and Maintenance, including Landscaping
- Overseeing Human Resources
- Overseeing purchases required for the Property
- Maintaining inventory and stock control on all items in the Property
- Maintaining a budgetary plan, keeping accounts of all purchases and
- Overseeing contractors and other companies that are involved in any
work on the Property
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in calculating and preparing operating budgets
- Experience of large scale operations
- Ability to write reports and procedures
- Leadership skills and capable of delegating tasks and motivating a large
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing, ordering, receiving, costing and
- An eye for detail and creativity to provide the best experience to guests
- Female or Male
- Fluent in English (spoken & written)
- Other languages would be a great plus
- Non-smoker preferred
- No visible tattoos
- Minimum 4-year Management or Leadership degree in Hospitality
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
WELL ABOVE AVERAGE, TAX-FREE SALARY
RETURN FLIGHTS HOME
EXCELLENT ACCOMMODATION ALLOWANCE
2 MONTHS ANNUAL LEAVE
12-MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT