HERTFORDSHIRE / BEDFORDSHIRE BORDER
DOMESTIC COUPLE –
MAINTENANCE GARDENER, HANDYPERSON, DRIVER. 40 HRS
PART TIME HOUSEKEEPER – 40 HRS
Monday to Friday
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS – Previous experience working domestic service role. Love of the countryside, working outside with a passion for gardening. Dog lovers. Clean driving licence.
Mature employer with visiting children and grandchildren seeks a new couple due to the retirement of the long term current couple.
The housekeeper will take care of the interior of the residence, which will include
• Daily cleaning, hoovering, polishing, sweeping main areas of the house
• Care of the kitchen, cleaning the oven, surfaces and ensuring freezer and cupboards are clean and tidy.
• Polishing silver, brass, antiques and fine furniture.
• Washing and ironing to include bed, table linens and towels, dealing with hand washing, fine fabrics and arranging dry cleaning.
• Making and changing beds, arranging guest rooms.
• Feeding and walking the dog if the owner is absent.
• Watering and care of indoor plants and flowers.
• Keeping patio, doorsteps and downstairs windows clean and free of dirt.
Gardener-handyperson- all rounder
• Grounds and garden maintenance including repairs ie fencing, weeding, lawn mowing, pruning etc.
• Keep fireplaces clean and stocked with logs
• Swimming pool maintenance, clear of leaves and debris.
• Tennis court maintenance.
• Light household maintenance (light bulb replacements, minor plumbing, basic painting)
• Care for the cars, cleaning, polishing fuelling and occasional driving when required.
• Outdoor furniture care
Accommodation - Self contained flat with 2 double bedrooms attached to the house with separate entrance.
Salary up to £60,000 Gross per annum. 4 weeks holidays per annum. Presence is required on the property during the owners absence.
Sorry no children or dependants. Small pet may be considered. Clean driving licence essential DBS Checks will be required. (HU3747)
RURAL HAMPSHIRE - NR ALRESFORD
RURAL HAMPSHIRE -NR ALRESFORD
8.30am to 4.30pm Mon to Fri with flexibility.
HOUSEKEEPER – MAINTENANCE GARDENER-ESTATE WORKER
Essential Requirements– Pro active domestic couple with previous experience working in a private household. Excellent references required. Team players, fluent English. Driver & dog lovers essential
Country loving domestic couple is required for a small estate in Rural Hampshire. A beautiful primary residence of a couple who also spend time during the week in London. This is a rural location, so ideally one must drive with your own car. There are no children living at home.
The Housekeeper will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day care of this large country house. You will handle all cleaning duties, make and change beds and deal with all laundry which includes all bed linens and towels. Ideally the housekeeper will prepare ingredients and assist the lady of the house with family cooking and occasional dinner party preparations.
Essential that you are true dog lovers and able to walk the families 2 Labradors twice per day. On occasions when the principals are away you will be required to care for the dogs, feed, walk and groom and arrange any veterinary appointments etc.
Partner will be responsible for the day-to-day ground’s maintenance of the property, which will include maintenance gardening, a lot of mowing, hedge trimming, strimming etc. You will work closely with another gardener who also lives on site.
Other duties may include general property maintenance, fence repairs, DIY etc. You should be experienced with large garden equipment, strimmer’s, chain saw, ride on mowers, hedge cutters. You will care for the cars – wash inside and out, ensure fuel, tyres and oil and water are checked.
There may be an occasional airport run or an evening pickup all planned in advance.
This is a long term role, suitable for a very hands on, self-motivated couple who are used to working in a private family residence.
Accommodation and Salary
A lovely 2-bedroom cottage ( all bills paid) with own outside space next to the tennis court. Well behaved pet considered but must be dog friendly.
Salary £45,000 Gross per annum. 2 Days off per week. Car provided for business use. Late August start (HU3903)