Dublin, Southern Ireland
Dublin, Southern Ireland with International Travel
Essential Requirements: Previous Private House Experience, Drivers Licence, Flexibility for frequent International Travel, EU Passport -Driver & Non Smoker essential
This is a newly created position for a long-term client of Hutchinson’s, who are a family of 5 with 3 children of college age. Working very closely with and reporting to the House Manager.
It is a very busy household, so they are looking for an energetic, pro-active experienced hands on Head Housekeeper to take over the day to day running of their family home in Dublin and to travel ahead to prepare their homes in the US and South of France, to ensure that each home is ready for their arrival. Each property has housekeeping assistance in situ, but the owners would like each residence to run in the same manner.
Attention to detail is very important and an ability to anticipate and troubleshoot essential.
Some of the areas to be covered though not exhaustive include
• Ensuring the smooth running of a household and servicing of principals and guests, usually supervising others but also providing hands on housekeeping service. Working closely with the current housekeepers, monitoring standards, teaching and improving where required. Knowledgeable in the care of fine fabrics, glass, crystal etc.
• Overseeing outside contractors, service providers and suppliers.
• Ensuring food, groceries and medication levels in house are maintained and in date – as per a detailed inventory.
• Maintenance of the property on a regular basis in conjunction with the estate manager • Maintaining security and communication systems and record keeping – must have a good knowledge of smart houses
• Regularly interacting with owners to maintain direct communication and compliance with their needs
• Ensuring efficiency, harmony, and high morale throughout the household
• Organising of social and family events
• Caring for household’s guests and visitors
• Serving of wines and other drinks
• Serving of refreshments and meals
• Caring for specialist items.
SALARY CIRCA 50-60,000 Euro’s Gross per annum depending on experience- EU Passport and driving licence essential. Strictly Non-Smoker and freedom to travel essential. (HU3215)
Live in or Live out
Essential Requirements – Previous long term employment in a similar high end household. Minimum of 3 yrs in one position. Driver and Non Smoker essential. Ability to work weekends. Housekeeping to minimum of 5* Boutique standards.
Yachting background as Chief Stewardess / Stewardess a big plus
A new vacancy for our client with a large residence near Beaconsfield who requires an experienced hands-on head housekeeper to join a team of staff. A large country house within its own estate within easy access to London.
A good team spirit is required, and you must always be willing to work with the team to keep this large home immaculate.
Business family of 3 adults are looking for a hands-on head housekeeper who is willing to undertake varied and diverse roles and who is totally hands on. 5* boutique level housekeeping standards required for this estate.
You must have previous long term hands-on housekeeping experience and be willing to undertake varied duties including cleaning, dusting, polishing, making beds, changing sheets, caring for fine finishes. You will work closely with 2 cleaners, always ensuring exacting standards and detailed presentation of the property.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the interior, ensuring personal items and provisions are kept well stocked, ordering of same, ensuring deliveries are made in a timely fashion and external services arranged accordingly.
Previous experience with front of house and table service, flower arranging as well as turn down service is essential.
Weekend working will be required, so 5 days working over 7 days, with daily hours of 8-5pm if the principals are not in residence – 11-8pm if they are. Therefore, flexibility is key.
We seek an energetic and dynamic candidate with a “can-do” attitude; possibly from a yachting background, immaculately presented for this long term position.
Excellent Salary will be offered, negotiable and based on experience. If you choose to live in, lovely accommodation will be provided, but sorry no dependants or pets accepted.
If you live locally and choose to live out, you must be able to cover the weekends working. 2 days off Mid Week
Fluent English and strictly non smoker essential. Checkable references and enhanced DBS Check will be required. Drivers licence and own car essential. (HU2944)