HEAD PASTRY CHEF
CO. LIMERICK, IRELAND
Essential Requirements: Ability to manage the preparation and presentation of desserts, pastry and bakery items, budget management, manage and implement HACCP guidelines and health & safety.
An experienced Head Pastry Chef is required for a Hotel based in Ireland. You will be responsible for the Pastry and Bakery operation for the Hotel. Your operational duties will include:
- Handling multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Remain up to date with latest culinary trends and create ideas into efficient and consistent implementations.
- Preparation and presentation of quality desserts, Pastries and Bakery items.
- Presentation and preparation skills of plated dessert and buffet set ups which requires continued improvement and upgrades.
- Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general health & safety in the workplace.
- Cake & Show Pieces Skills
- Creating in conjunction with the Executive chef of menus, buffets and “specials” which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Minimize payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees.
- Financial Accountability including budget expenses.
- To work closely with the senior leadership team, to ensure that strategic and departmental goals are achieved.
- Training and/or coaching with new and current team members in order to grow skills and achieve the standards defined and motivate and nurture individual development and career enhancement.
- To be available to work nights, evenings, weekends on occasion when required.
The ideal candidate should be passionate, committed, flexible and a team player. You will be required to perform and delegate tasks to the team and to ensure a superior production and presentation of high-quality desserts pastries and bakery. Salary in the region of €50,000 depending on experience. Accommodation provided. (HU4010)