RESIDENTIAL EXPERIENCED HOUSE MANAGEMENT COUPLE
HOUSEMANAGER & HEAD HOUSEKEEPER
Fluent English and French essential, written and spoken
Fully IT Literate -including Excel required
Formal/semi formal household are looking for a down to earth, flexible House Manager and Head Housekeeper couple to take care of and manage this exclusive part residence property.
Although you will manage the property you must also be hands on in all areas, will have a forward thinking, proactive attitude, be well organised working to very high standards at all times.
The House Manager will support and report directly to the family office, manage the local daily staff, ensuring the precise running of the property and ensuring delivery of the highest level of service to the principals, their family, and guests.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the running of the property.
- Managing the day-today running of the property, delivering the highest standard of service to the Principals.
- Maintenance of the interior and exterior of the property according to the maintenance schedule. When necessary liaise with third parties.
- Liaise with the Family Office, the Principals, kitchen, and gardening team, as well as security team.
- Security of the property, visitor registration off season.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Principal and the Family Office.
- Manage (seasonal) staff including hiring, training, developing, and disciplinary measures.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations are well organised, efficiently run and impeccably maintained.
- Maintenance of all technical and mechanical systems such as A/C, security, water & wastewater treatment, vehicles & equipment and swimming pool care.
- Ensure all household equipment including lighting and AV systems are in sound working order – thorough check to be carried out well in advance of family and guests arriving.
- Schedule and conduct detailed inspections throughout projects & after each trade has completed its project tasks. Dealing with contractors, local vendors.
- Review and approve invoices before sending to FO for processing. Process follow up if needed. Keep accurate household records and record petty cash expenditure.
- Housekeeping: Up-keep of furniture, art, china, silver and crystal, flower arranging (in coordination with housekeeping staff).
- Local errands and managing the household supplies. Ensure stocks of wine and other beverages are correctly stored.
- Development of the household manual/ Database management and development (inventories etc.).
The Head Housekeeper will report to the House Manager and manage the housekeeping team, you will be expected to be hands on in all areas.
- Managing the day-to-day running of the property, delivering the highest standard of service to the Principals.
- Up-keep of furniture, art, china, silver, and crystal, ensuring that the house has fresh flower arrangements when occupied by Principals.
- Constantly review housekeeping standards, updating the standards and house manual for staff to follow, detailing products used on different materials together with the associated risks.
- Circulate throughout all property areas and rooms to ensure all service standards and operational standards are met and are well maintained but never intrude the privacy of the Principals, their Family and Guests.
- Management of the household staff including recruitment together with House Manager, controlling staff rosters and time management. Including training, developing, and disciplinary measures.
- Must be able to work in all areas of laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning and have dry-cleaning awareness.
- Care and maintenance of high-end clothes.
- To ensure correct linen is available for the principals, guests, functions, and staff areas. To manage and co-ordinate inventories including linens and consumables and have effective stock control and rotation.
- Deputise in the absence of the House Manager or as required.
- Purchasing and provisioning of household items.
- Implementation and development of systems and processes inside the house. Development of a household manual.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON PREVIOUS PROVEN EXPERIENCE. 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT PROVIDED. STRICTLY NON-SMOKERS, BOTH MUST DRIVE, WELL BEHAVED DOG OR CAT ACCEPTED.
SORRY NO DEPENDANT CHILDREN, MINIMUM OF 5 YRS IN A PREVIOUS SIMILAR POSITIONS ESSENTIAL. (HU3668)