Essential requirements: Previous experience working as a Governess, fluent in English and French.
The Governess will be responsible for the overall activities that affect the wellbeing of the child/children. There are 5 children ranging in age from 5-15 years and a baby of 2 years.
The successful candidate will work within a team of 3 other governesses including a Lead Governess. Other support teams including chefs and housekeepers are employed.
General Responsibilities include the overall coordination of the child/children’s activities. This includes coordinating with different teams as per below.
- Ensure continuous overall academic development/learning, as well as daily after school activities in coordination with the Academic support team
- Instil and improve French language of children throughout the day through conversation, planned activities and practice.
- Responsible for coordination of daily activities of the children like waking up, setting sleep patterns, arranging meals, dressing, bathing, supervising after school classes/tutoring through relevant support team, oversight of cleanliness & tidiness of rooms, closet management, laundry, etc.
- Communicate with school when needed or asked to
- Overall responsibility of children’s’ proper manners and etiquette throughout their daily activities
- Coordinates children’s requirements during home stay or travel
- Ensure a healthy lifestyle for children
- Plan & prepare children’s schedule
- Assist with and organize different types of outings for children
- Ensure that the child/children reach the envisioned milestones in their overall development
- Encourage children’s’ positive behaviour to complete set tasks & activities
- Follow all guidelines as directed by the family
- Ensure the safety of the children throughout the day and during any activity
- Prepare any reports or feedback as requested by Lead Governess or by the family and highlight any concerns about the child’s wellbeing.
This position offers a salary in the region of EU6,700 per month tax free. Accommodation is provided as a furnished studio apartment on the compound and transportation is also provided. Annual ticket to home country and medical insurance provided. (HU3981)