Essential Requirements: Previous property maintenance experience, carpentry and decorating experience, self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
A privately-owned Estate, located just outside Barnet and set in 250 acres of parkland. The house is used both as a private residence and let out for private corporate events. You will be required to carry out maintenance work on the Estate.
- Complete multi-disciplined types of maintenance both inside and outside of properties
- Plumbing – unblocking of drains/lavatories, investigating and preventing leaks. Installing baths/showers/lavatories
- Carpentry – fitting kitchen units, worktops etc
- Basic brick laying skills, patio laying and pointing.
- Basic electrics i.e., changing light fittings, replace plugs, fuses, & light bulbs
- Basic Repairs, replacing door handles, lavatory seats, shower hoses/heads and taps.
- Decorating – External and internal walls and woodwork
- Renovation of vacant properties between tenancies, carrying out remedial works throughout properties and including kitchens and bathrooms
- Clearing Roof surfaces and gutters Security of Mansion Grounds and Estate
- Assist Property Manager as and when required with security of Mansion Grounds and Estate.
- Undergo appropriate training as available and as determined in conjunction with the Property Manager
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and raise any matters of concern to the Property Manager or his Assistant
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Property Manager, or any other members of management
- Collecting supplies or other items required from builders merchant or other suppliers.
- Full clean driving licence to drive company vehicle
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Previous property maintenance experience
- Basic plumbing
- Carpentry experience
- Decorating experience
- Team player with a willingness to learn with a positive outlook and a good sense of humour.
- Self-motivated and can rise to a challenge or timetable.
- Must be able to use own initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Accuracy with particular attention to detail
- Flexible and 'can do' attitude.
Hours of work: 8.00 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday, Fri 8.00 am – 4.00 pm Cover out of hours for emergencies. Negotiable salary based on experience. (HU4015)