Nanny / Governess
Fluent English and French Required
An experienced governess/nanny is required to work with three children, two girls ages 8 and 10 and one boy, who is 1 years old. The children’s duties and requirements as well as timetables will differ thus there must be a good level of flexibility to assist with the range of needs.
- Direct and supervise the children’s nannies on their daily duties and the children’s needs.
- Liaise with the children’s tutors and school staff to ensure the children’s progress is being fully tracked and work with tutors to identify children’s strengths and weaknesses and encourage them in the correct areas.
- Oversee and guide upcoming college preparation and applications.
- Ensure that the children’s timekeeping and timetables are all extremely organised, that they go to the correct subjects on time and that their extra-curricular activities and homework are well organised.
- Help the children with their homework which will include languages (French, English and others as directed by the Principal), Mathematics and other staple subjects (and as directed by the Principal).
- To make sure the children go to bed / wake up on time and that they have consistency and a good feeling of structure and security in their daily routine whilst being flexible.
- Manage the children’s health including attending doctor visits, dispensing medication, and keeping the medicines organised and well stocked.
- Liaise with security staff/ drivers and other relevant staff members when necessary, for example, children travel arrangements, to ensure all their needs are being met.
- When traveling with the children, you are required to travel with them and take care of their clothing, entertainment and organising their timetables etc. This will include some laundress duties and wardrobe organisation.
- When traveling, to prepare in advance cultural and entertainment activities in the relevant cities and destinations. To be resourceful and imaginative.
- Ensure the children are dressed appropriately / help them prepare for different and some special occasions.
- Be resourceful when keeping the children entertained, to be creative with games and entertainment.
- To encourage outdoor play and physical sport activities.
- To build on their baking and cooking skills.
- To positively encourage creativity, to think outside the norm, feed imagination.
- Be imaginative and creative. Take the children outdoors to play very regularly and take them swimming regularly. They enjoy doing art, science, and cooking amongst other activities.
- Travel may include staying on a boat for long periods of time which will require you to be strategic in keeping them creatively active / occupied and happy.
- Encourage responsible care for and play with their three Chihuahua dogs, including during travel at times. The governess shall take full responsibility of the Chihuahuas but with assistance in managing their daily needs.
- To ensure all stationary supplies as required by the children are checked, well stocked, in good order.
- Wardrobe management is required.
- Administrative duties and photo/data management is required.
- Order and purchase stationary supplies, educational games and activities, and other general supplies as needed, and maintain cash flow logs.
- Ensure the children’s dietary requirements are catered for / being adhered to. This will require liaising with catering staff and if required to cook for them/ provide them with nutritional meals.
- To be fully aware at all times of allergies or special requirements.
- To be warm, open, emotive, and caring towards the children.
- Their well-being is the ultimate priority at all times.
- To be confident, calm, and clear thinking under pressure (ex. In medical emergency situations)
- To be imaginative, resourceful, playful, and creative.
- Well-organised and able to balance competing priorities
- An interest in and knowledge of safely doing arts and crafts, painting, cooking / baking and interesting, developmentally appropriate science experiments.
- To be interested in and encourage sporty, active, and outdoorsy pursuits.
- To lead by example, be a good role model for the children, set firm boundaries but be kind at the same time. This includes encouraging a strong work ethic and placing importance upon education and their progress.
- Be adaptable to different situations, places, and scenarios.
- Well-travelled and confident navigating a variety of locations with young children
- CRB / DBS checked
- Full clean driving licence
- First Aid knowledge/ training/ certificate
- Full medical review required
- High level of Education (experience in a children’s educational setting)
- Fluent French to assist with primary school French, liaise with French school, attend meetings
- Musical theory knowledge to assist with elementary piano practice
- Strong swimmer
- No motion sickness
- Comfortable dealing with children/ young adults of all age ranges from 1 to 20.
- Comfortable with handling Chihuahua dogs and Bengal cat.
Negotiable salary based on experience, shared accommodation included along with Medical insurance and one return flight home per year. 6-day working week with flexible hours. (HU3617)