RESIDENTIAL HOUSE MANAGER
French / Italian Border
Essential Requirements: Previous Private House Experience, Fluent English and French, Good IT skills, Flexibility
A formal/informal household looking for an experienced down to earth house manager to take care of their French summer residence and organise the maintenance. The ideal candidate MUST have prior management experience within private residences. It is desirable to have prior experience working at management level in luxury hospitality/hotels, but also have affinity with technical aspects.
The candidate is expected to be a forward thinker with a proactive attitude, be organised and work to a very high standard. The principals have multiple properties and often travel, so flexibility is key for when they are in residence.
The House Manager is expected to support and report directly to the Family Office and manage the local staff daily, ensuring the running of the property operation and ensuring the delivery of the highest level of service to the principals. You will be expected to be very hands on and lead by example if appropriate to the situation.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills as well as French.
- IT literate to include Excel
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice.
Duties to include:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the running of the houses.
- Managing the day-today running of the property, delivering the highest standard of service to the principals.
- Maintenance of the interior and exterior of the property according to the maintenance schedule. When necessary, liaise with third parties.
- Liaise with the Family Office, the Principals, kitchen and gardening team, as well as security team.
- Currently extensive renovations are being caried out. Liaising with architect and building team will be necessary during this time.
- Security of the property, visitor registration off season.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Principal and the Family Office.
- Manage (season) staff including hiring, training, developing, and disciplinary measures.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations are well organised, efficiently run and impeccably maintained.
- Maintenance of all technical and mechanical systems such as A/C, security, water & wastewater treatment, vehicles & equipment and swimming pool care.
- Ensure all household equipment including lighting and AV systems are in sound working order – thorough check to be carried out well in advance of family and guests arriving.
- Schedule and conduct detailed inspections throughout projects & after each trade has completed its project tasks. Dealing with contractors, local vendors.
- Review and approve invoices before sending to FO for processing. Process follow up if needed. Keep accurate household records and record petty cash expenditure.
- Local errands and managing the household supplies. Ensure stocks of wine and other beverages are correctly stored.
- Development of the household manual/ Database management and development (inventories etc).
Fulltime position, 5 -day working week with flexibility especially when the principals are in residence. Separate apartment (attached to the main house) with a small garden provided. Negotiable salary based on experience. (HU3739) ON HOLD