BARNET – HERTFORDSHIRE
RESIDENTIAL HOUSEKEEPER & FAMILY COOK for privately-owned Palladian Mansion, located just outside Barnet and set in 250 acres of parkland. The house is used both as a private residence and let out for both filming and private corporate events.
Duties to include a full range of hands on housekeeping tasks ensuring that all areas of the house are clean and free of dust on a daily basis.
- Liaising with the House Manager/Film Steward to ensure the house is cleaned after any filming or event.
- Cleaning/care of antique furniture and paintings. Advise House Manager of any items requiring specific attention or repair.
- Making sure all bedrooms are kept clean and tidy and beds are made.
- Ensuring all private and communal bathrooms/lavatories are kept clean and that high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Working with the House-person to ensure all refuse and recycling from the house is dealt with appropriately.
- Making sure that all general medicines/First Aid kits are kept stocked and within their ‘use by’ dates.
- Checking that all areas of the house are functioning correctly (light bulbs, bathrooms, lift etc) and reporting to the House Manager anything which needs rectifying.
- Checking all cleaning supplies are kept stocked and advising the House Manager if anything needs to be purchased.
- Care and basic maintenance of all cleaning and laundry equipment and areas. Report any issues to the House Manager.
- Specific cleaning of gym area and equipment.
- Cleaning of pool house and reporting any issues to the House Manager.
- Care and cleaning of silverware/brass using the correct methods as requested.
- Looking after guests and ensuring they have everything they need.
- Assisting the House Manager/House-person with any luggage as required.
- Laundering of clothes and bed linen.
- Dealing with any contractors, labourers or visitors as required.
- Working with other staff members to ensure that security within the house and grounds is maintained.
- Work weekends and occasional Bank Holidays as required.
- Family cooking as required on the chef’s days off.
- Overseeing any temporary housekeeping staff.
- Service at dinner parties as requested.
- Service of meals/snacks/refreshments as requested.
- Working with the House Manager to source any floral arrangements and ensure they are looked after and kept watered.
- Wear appropriate clothing for various duties.
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting.
Hours of Work:
- From 8am to approx 6pm, but there will occasionally be the need to work evenings when client is entertaining or at home for dinner and if the Cook if off duty.
- Generally, the Housekeeper will be required to work 5 days a week, and most weekends. Wednesday and Thursday will be the two days off each week.
- A private flat is provided within the Main House.
- All services are provided for with the exception of phone calls.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HANDS-ON HOUSEKEEPING ROLE WORKING AS PART OF A SMALL TEAM. YOU MUST BE DOG AND CHILD FRIENDLY, SPEAK EXCELLENT ENGLISH, BE VERY WELL PRESENTED WITH HIGH ENERGY LEVELS. STRICTLY NON-SMOKER & DRIVER ESSENTIAL. (HU3630)