BARNET – HERTFORDSHIRE
RESIDENTIAL HOUSEKEEPER /ASSISTANT HOUSEMANAGER for privately-owned Palladian Mansion, located just outside Barnet and set in 250 acres of parkland. The house is used both as a private residence and let out for both filming and private corporate events.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on assistant house manager/housekeeper to join our small friendly team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for day to day housekeeping duties and overseeing other members of the household staff. You will ensure the smooth running of the house.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the security of the house and to ensure a member of staff is always on duty in the house.
- Arrange the house staff rota to ensure there is cover at all times.
- To keep an accurate record of petty cash expenditure and add to the monthly accounting spreadsheet
- Ensuring that all areas of the house are clean and free of dust on a daily basis.
- Liaising with the General Manager/Film Steward to ensure the house is cleaned after any filming or event.
- Cleaning/care of antique furniture and paintings. Advise General Manager of any items requiring specific attention or repair.
- Making sure all bedrooms are kept clean and tidy and beds are made.
- Ensuring all private and communal bathrooms/lavatories are kept clean and that high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Working with the Houseman to ensure all refuse and recycling from the house is dealt with appropriately.
- Making sure that all general medicines/First Aid kits are kept stocked and within their ‘use by’ dates.
- Checking that all areas of the house are functioning correctly (light bulbs, bathrooms, lift etc) and reporting to the General Manager/Houseman anything which needs rectifying.
- Checking all cleaning supplies are kept stocked and advising if anything needs to be purchased.
- Care and basic maintenance of all cleaning and laundry equipment and areas. Report any issues to the General Manager/Houseman
- Specific cleaning of gym area and equipment.
- Cleaning of pool house and reporting any issues to the General Manager/Houseman
- Care and cleaning of silverware/brass using the correct methods as requested.
- Looking after guests and ensuring they have everything they need.
- Assisting the with any luggage as required.
- Laundering of clothes and bed linen.
- Dealing with any contractors, workmen or visitors as required.
- Working with other staff members to ensure that security within the house and grounds is maintained.
- Work weekends and occasional Bank Holidays as required.
- Light cooking when chef is off
- Overseeing any temporary housekeeping staff.
- Service at dinner parties as requested.
- Service of meals/snacks/refreshments as requested.
- Working with the House Manager to source any floral arrangements and ensure they are looked after and kept watered.
- Wear appropriate clothing for various duties.
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting.
Hours of Work:
- From 9am to approx. 5pm, when the owners are not in residence but flexible for longer hours when they are.
- Generally, the Housekeeper will be required to work 5 days a week, and most weekends. Wednesday and Thursday will be the two days off each week.
- A private flat is provided within the Main House.
- All services are provided for with the exception of phone calls.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HANDS ON HOUSEKEEPING ROLE WORKING AS PART OF A SMALL TEAM. YOU MUST BE LARGE DOG AND CHILD FRIENDLY, SPEAK EXCELLENT ENGLISH, BE VERY WELL PRESENTED WITH HIGH ENERGY LEVELS. STRICTLY NON SMOKER & DRIVER ESSENTIAL. (HU3630)