BARNET, HERTFORDSHIRE- RESIDENTIAL HOUSEKEEPER /ASSISTANT HOUSEMANAGER for privately-owned Palladian Mansion, located just outside Barnet and set in 250 acres of parkland. The house is used both as a private residence and let out for both filming and private corporate events. We are looking for an experienced hands-on assistant house manager/housekeeper to join our small and friendly team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the house along with housekeeping duties, house administration and managing a small team of staff. The successful applicant will come from a house management or housekeeping background and will be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and excellent attention to detail. In addition, you must be computer literate (Excel, Outlook, Word) and competent with technology, including telephone and security alarm systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the security of the house and to ensure a member of staff is on duty in the house 24/7.
- To oversee the operation and arrange routine maintenance of the alarm system and ensure it is set as required.
- To oversee and arrange routine maintenance of the fire protection system.
- To oversee and monitor usage of the phone system.
- To deal with house administration, via phone, email and letter.
- Arrange the house staff rota to ensure there is cover at all times.
- To keep an accurate record of petty cash expenditure and add to the monthly accounting spreadsheet.
- Ensuring that all areas of the house are clean and free of dust on a daily basis.
- Cleaning/care of antique furniture and paintings. Advise General Manager of any items requiring specific attention or repair.
- Making sure all bedrooms are kept clean and tidy and beds are made.
- Ensuring all private and communal bathrooms/lavatories are kept clean and that high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Making sure that all general medicines/First Aid kits are kept stocked and within their ‘use by’ dates.
- Checking all cleaning supplies are kept stocked, maintaining a stock list and advising if anything needs to be purchased.
- Care and basic maintenance of all cleaning and laundry equipment and areas. Report any issues to the General Manager/Houseman
- Care and cleaning of silverware/brass using the correct methods as requested.
- Laundering of clothes and bed linen.
- Dealing with any contractors, workmen or visitors as required.
- Working with other staff members to ensure that security within the house and grounds is maintained.
- Work weekends and occasional Bank Holidays as required.
- Overseeing any temporary housekeeping staff.
- Laying the table.
- Service at dinner parties as requested.
- Service of meals/snacks/refreshments as requested.
- Wear appropriate clothing for various duties.
Hours of Work:
- From 9am to approx. 5pm, when the owners are not in residence but flexible for longer hours when they are.
- Generally, the Housekeeper will be required to work 5 days a week, and most weekends. Wednesday and Thursday will be the two days off each week.
- A private spacious 1-bedroom flat is provided within the Main House.
- All services are provided for with the exception of phone calls.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HANDS-ON HOUSEKEEPING ROLE WORKING AS PART OF A SMALL TEAM. SPEAK EXCELLENT ENGLISH, BE VERY WELL PRESENTED, STRICTLY NON-SMOKER & DRIVER ESSENTIAL. (HU3630)