COUNTY DUBLIN – SOUTHERN IRELAND
RESIDENTIAL, ENERGETIC, PROACTIVE HOUSEHOLD MANAGER capable of INFORMAL BUTLER/FRONT OF HOUSE duties. Long Term Hutchinson’s client, is looking for a top-notch household manager, able to undertake informal table and beverage service and who has excellent front of house skills. This is for a family with 3 grown up children. The primary residence is approx.40 mins from Central Dublin. There is a good deal of travel between other homes in Europe and the USA.so essential that you have freedom to travel.
You will need to be able to take on the total running of this and the overseas homes, managing all aspects of the household staff, dealing with rotas, inventory and stock control, undertaking household accounts and travelling ahead of the family, to ensure that each home is prepared in readiness for their arrival. Each property is staffed, however you will need to have a broad knowledge in all aspects of running a HNW home, be hands on in housekeeping when needed and be willing to pack and unpack and undertake wardrobe care.
You will undertake local shopping for the household, occasional driving for the general day to day running of the home(s) is essential.
Specific Responsibilities: you must be well organised, self-sufficient and duties will include but not be limited to:
• Ensuring the overall smooth running of a busy household on a daily basis, with responsibility for the training and supervision of domestic staff, including a full time housekeeper, a cleaner and a part time laundress.
• Ensuring food, groceries and medication levels in house are maintained, as per a detailed schedule/ Inventory supplies.
• Running personal errands and shopping for the family, as requested.
• Ordering household items, as required
• Overseeing weekly flower orders.
• Coordinating with external suppliers such as dry cleaning/ Linen ironing service, butcher and drinks.
• Ensuring all aspects of the house are in order; arranging contractors to undertake household maintenance as necessary.
• Feel comfortable dealing with specialist fabrics and surfaces
• Coordinating travel arrangements and preparation for travel to other international properties.
• Packing and unpacking for travelling, as requested.
• To be responsible for the family’s wardrobe maintenance and organisation.
• Compilation of records, maintenance and updating of household manual and Inventories.
• Effectively managing household accounts. Credit card / Petty cash.
This is a relaxed household, but with high standards and you will be required to ensure the Owner and family have any equipment they require at all times, and that it is ready for use. Ensure all Guests visiting have all of their requirements met. This includes informal Front of House duties, training of junior staff and fulfil any ad hoc requests from the Owner, family and Guests or Estate Manager.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE depending on previous experience. Separate 2-bedroom apartment provided, sorry no pets or dependents. Strictly Non Smoker with excellent references essential. UK or EU Passport and full driving license essential (HU3356)
|Job Category||Full time, Live in|