ASSISTANT HEAD GARDENER
A newly created position for an experienced Assistant Head Gardner to deputies for the Head Gardener and to maintain the gardens in an efficient and high-quality manner; while ensuring the visitors, residents and staff have a pleasant, safe and enjoyable experience.
1. To deputise for the Head of Gardens and supervise the gardening team and contractors as required.
2. To ensure that the gardens and grounds are beautifully presented and kept.
3. Grounds maintenance to include but not limited to, planting, pruning, weeding, use of light machinery, litter picking, clearing leaves and watering.
4. Machinery maintenance and their relevant safety checks
5. Help ensure the maintenance of orderly conduct by visitors to the gardens in line with the estates code of conduct.
6. Respond to garden visitor enquiries and grievances
7. Assist with garden planning and procedures
8. Positively present and promote the gardens and its activities
9. Comply with health and safety legislation and safe working practices
10. Other relevant duties as may from time to time be required
1. Good practical skills in soft landscaping and grounds maintenance.
2. Wide range of machinery skills including ride on mowers.
3. Knowledge of plants, garden management and broad range of horticultural skills.
4. Horticulture Level 3 or 5 years working in a horticultural environment.
5. Physically fit with previous experience in similar manual work.
6. Good interpersonal skills including the ability to inspire colleagues and work as part of a team. Enthusiastic, self- motivated, and flexible.
8. Understands sensitivities of the environment.
9. Ability to interact with residents with tact and diplomacy and being firm where necessary.
10. Understands health and safety issues relating to gardening and public spaces.
Previous experience essential. Driving licence desirable. Full time, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. Salary: £30,000 GPA. (HU3524)
|Job Category||Full time, Live out|