DAILY HOUSE / ESTATE MANAGER
Lewes, East Sussex
Essential Requirements: Previous private household experience, staff management, front of house, land management, chauffeuring
An experienced House /Estate Manager with previous private house experience is required to ensure the efficient and effective day to day running and management of the Estate. You will report directly to the principal and will manage a team of two personnel – a cleaner and a general maintenance person. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the interior and exterior of the property.
- Manage schedules along with guests coming and going, their needs, etc.
- Implement systems and schedules
- House Maintenance Schedule (M & E)
- Setting up and maintaining of a house mechanical and electrical maintenance schedule to include regular boiler and heating plant servicing and fixed electrical
- Preventative maintenance schedule (PPM)
- Ensure that bathrooms, lights, bulbs, and fittings are checked on a regular basis
- Organise diary and make sure memberships, car insurance, household insurance, adding drivers to vehicles, maintenance schedules are all up to date.
- Research products, gifts, furniture, ideas and presents using initiative
- Collecting the post
- Ensure all bills are paid on time
- Organise security alarm and cameras to be serviced (yearly)
- Plan any future projects (to be discussed with maintenance)
- Manage the Cleaner/Maintenance to ensure the best results for the principal and the Estate
- Manage contractors and tradesman
- Ability to be competent in dealing and negotiating with people such as antique furniture companies, art galleries, contractors, tradesman in saving money whenever possible
General Land Management
- Dealing with the Woodland Trust and Wildlife Trust who we are both involved with
- Meeting and dealing with the local conservation groups of which there are several
- Management of the footpaths, fences, and bridges.
- Able to keep on top of/up to date with any local planning decisions being proposed in the area and keep principal up to speed with any major planned developments
- Building and managing a relationship with the gardener
- Organise and schedule the management of the vegetable garden with gardeners help of what produce is coming up out of the ground next in season
- Keep abreast of current eco technology would be good for any area of the estate
- Twice weekly shopping which includes food, drinks, animal food, essential and non-essential items for the Estate
- Kitchen & dry foods - ensure all stocks are in place with backups (fridge, cupboards, principal’s likes, and dislikes catered to). Organise all the drawers properly and have everything labelled.
- Help prepare for any events i.e., annual get together, resident meetings etc and be able to set up and manage if required.
- General pet care of animals including ensuring that they are fed and watered, walked, when necessary, vet visits and grooming organised when required
- Deal with all the administration, deals and paperwork for car acquisitions and sales
- Ensure everything including servicing, MOTs, insurance, Dartford crossing and congestion charges, parking permits or parking tickets is all up to date
It is essential that you have strong communication skills as you will be working closely with the principal’s executive assistant to ensure requests, deadlines and the principals day-to-day needs are met. This is a multifaceted role that requires you to be self-sufficient, diligent and have the ability to work in both a managerial and hands-on capacity. Full time position working Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with flexibility in the evenings and weekends when required. Salary in the region of £60,000-£65,000. ASAP start. (HU3976)