RURAL NORTH BEDFORDSHIRE
(7 miles to Bedford)
HOUSEKEEPER/GROUNDS & MAINTENANCE PERSON/DRIVER/SECURITY
Essential Requiements: Flexible, proactive, forward thinking couple who work well together.
Genuine Animal and country lovers. Long term, family oriented, team players. ONE must drive. Fluent English.
Part residence home of a busy professional couple with adult children. The owners live in London and travel abroad frequently. This position requires a self sufficient couple who can between them oversee the daily maintenance and running of this beautiful Manor house, outbuildings and separate guest cottage to a high standard. Duties are interchangeable.
- Cleaning to a high standard throughout the main house, cottage, gym and outbuildings.
- Laundry, ironing and wardrobe management
- Care and cleaning of high-quality furnishings, fine art, and fabrics
- Provisioning and household organisation and management
- Overseeing 3rd parties including window cleaners, plumbers, electricians, dry cleaners, to ensure household is constantly in full working order
- Simple batch cooking /baking for the freezer, utilising fruit and vegetables from the gardens. Liaise with garden team for seasonal produce.
- Assistance with caring for the family’s pets ( eg feed and care for the chickens, walk the dog)
- Monitor biomass boiler, reordering of biomass pellets to ensure always a stock in store.
- Pet sit and house-sit when the family are away
Grounds/General Household responsibilities
- Household maintenance and general maintenance work throughout the house and grounds. Cleaning of gutters, accessible windows and patio areas.
- Assist the garden team with strimming, clearing leaves, watering when required.
- Looking after cars, valet, arrange servicing, MOT etc.
- Driving local errands, occasional shopping, glass recycling etc.
- Organising and delivering apples that have been picked for juice making
- Clean and manage the biomass boiler, cleaning out prior to new delivery of pellets.
- Cut and clear fallen branches/ trees, stock and clean fire grates, logging and burn garden waste. Keep the outdoor fire pit dry and ready for use.
- Oiling, sanding all outdoor furniture twice per year.
- Help with caring for the family’s pets ( dog walking, care of chickens, potential 3 cattle )
- Pet sit and house sit when the family are away
Working week: 5 days Monday to Friday, occasional weekend cover may be requested by negotiation. Accom 2 bed gate lodge, with small garden.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE (HU4094)