Monaco with Travel
HOUSEHOLD MANAGER/BUTLER/CHIEF STEWARD (ESS)
MONACO with travel to GSTAAD & LONDON
Essential requirements: Well - presented, high attention to detail, patient and calm, well organized, French and English-speaking essential, German a plus, flexible. Minimum 5-year experience in a similar position.
A Monaco-based couple is seeking a House Manager/Chief Steward (ess) to oversee the operation of their properties and ensure a high quality of service throughout the homes and their private luxury motor yacht, the clients split their time between their permanent residence in Monaco, London, Switzerland and onboard their private luxury motor yacht. We seek a candidate with both land and luxury motor yacht experience.
You will be responsible for maintaining the daily routine, ensuring day-to-day tasks are accomplished seamlessly by the staff. You will be required to manage both permanent and temporary staff, ensuring they are maintaining a high level of professional standards, providing training, work lists and communicating the principals’ requests to the appropriate member of staff.
Duties will include
Administration: Dealing with administrative tasks to include monthly rotas, liaising with suppliers, maintaining petty cash, managing household and staff expense reports, overseeing the household budget and purchases. Diary management, booking restaurants, running errands, etc.
Butler: Excellent service skills required including front of house. Must be confident serving at table, setting table, preparing morning trays, etc. Must have extensive wardrobe management skills and a thorough knowledge of the care of China, Silver, and art. Daily care of several cars which includes oversight of maintenance and cleaning.
Travel: Coordinate staff travel between residences, travel with principal on occasion.
Pet Care: Assisting with managing daily routine of feeding and walking the two dogs. Monitor their health, arrange vet visits etc. Preparation for travel with dogs and be prepared to stay with them on occasion while principal’s travel.
Strong communication skills are essential for this role as you will be required to effectively communicate with all members of staff including the chef to confirm menus, timings, shopping, etc.
Candidates need to have a proven track record of successful household management, a background in operations of diverse households, experienced in both formal and informal households. You should have the ability to recruit and teach skills where necessary.
Additionally, we require a highly organised candidate who can prioritise tasks, work in a proactive and efficient manner and who can plan and oversee household seasonal moves between countries. Candidates will need to be able to adapt to last minute changes and be solutions oriented as well as someone who thinks outside of the box and is calm, resourceful and positive. It is essential that you have extreme attention to detail.
Candidates must also be tech-savvy and have good knowledge of technology platforms related to digital devices, lighting, sound, etc.
The majority of time is spent in Monaco, travel consists of several months at a time in Gstaad and a few times per year to London. Top negotiable salary based on experience. Non-smokers, dog friendly. Fluent English and French required, German would be a bonus. (HU3853)
South of France
DAILY BUTLER (LIVE OUT)
South of France
Fluent French and English is required
An experienced daily butler is required for a private family of five based in the South of France.
You will be joining an established team of staff, so it is essential that you are a team player.
We require a candidate with previous private house experience who can multi-task and prioritise duties.
This will be a varied role that will require you to work as a butler and to assist with some personal assistant duties.
Responsibilities will include
Candidates must have strong communication skills and be highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
5-day working week with flexibility to work 6 days on occasion. Immediate start. Negotiable salary based on experience. (HU3947)
An HNW family with four children is looking for a Butler fluent in English and with good spoken French to complement a team in their new Monaco residence. This experienced Butler will need to have worked (ideally for another English first language) family with young children for quite a few years. The role requires someone who is independent, structured and a highly effective and professional, reactive to change, proactive and flexible.
You must maintain confidentiality at all times and be able to handle various tasks simultaneously while remaining calm and in control in highly demanding situations.
Be ready to travel with the family and in other households worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities can be described as follows (non-exhaustive)
• Follow and maintain required service operating standards.
• Provide exceptional service and above all personal attention to the family and their belongings.
• Greet and escort the family and their guests when they arrive and depart.
• Communicate with the driver and other household staff about the comings and goings of the family to ensure service runs smoothly.
• Respect the code of conduct and always look out for the family’s guests needs by being present but discreet.
• Pre-empt certain situation and needs through a good understanding of the rhythm of the house.
• Look after all guests and be especially attentive to family members.
• Be responsible for the service of all meals, beverages and snacks for the family and guests in the house but also at other venues.
• Ensure the necessary setups and par stocks of equipment are maintained cleaned, polished regularly to the product standard.
• Carry out the daily cleaning of all work areas and surfaces.
• Participate with housekeeping in the cleaning and setup in areas of the house where service is performed.
• Assist in the cleaning of decorative items with utmost care.
• Assist in keeping impeccable and organized wardrobes as well as with packing and unpacking.
• Handle deliveries and corresponding invoices for the household but also for direct family
purchases, ensuring these are added to inventory and can be traced checking them for quality and physical condition.
• Participate in the keeping of inventories and ensure the correct and timely “mise-en-place” of items used regularly by the family.
• Running errands and shopping as well as other necessary tasks.
• Work alongside staff in all service positions to provide direct support for the activities of all residential service staff.
• Provide feedback / recommendations on improvements to protocols to improve service.
This is a live-out position. Excellent references, drivers licence required. Salary negotiable based on experience but circa 4,000 EU net per month live out plus generous bonus.
Noordhoek, South Africa
THE POSITION: SOUTH AFRICA – NOORDHOEK
An experienced and professional Butler has been placed with a private client based in Noordhoek, South Africa.
The client and candidate are looking forward to working together, a top salary was achieved.
An experienced Head Butler/Assistant Palace Manager has been placed with a private client based in Doha, Qatar.
The candidate will have a varied role and is looking forward to the position.
A Chief Steward / Butler / Head of Interior has been placed onboard a 71M new build which will be based between the Mediterranean and The Caribbean.
The candidate has a tremendous amount of responsibilities and is very much looking forward to joining the yacht.
A top salary was achieved.
Hutchinsons has successfully placed a highly experienced butler for this private client based at a large Estate in Atlanta, Georgia.
The candidate achieved a top salary package and is looking forward to the role.
St Tropez, France
Hutchinsons has successfully placed an experienced Estate Manager at a private residence in St Tropez.
The position requires the candidate to have a vast skill-set and the ability to oversee and manage two villas on the property.
A competitive top salary was achieved.