RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLD ASSISTANT
An experienced hands-on Household Assistant is required to join a small and friendly team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the house, house administration and managing a small team of staff. Experience of cooking basic meals would be a bonus.
The successful applicant will come from a junior house management or housekeeping background and will be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and excellent attention to detail. In addition, you must be computer literate (Excel, Outlook, Word) and competent with technology, including telephone and security alarm systems. The key to this role would be a flexible approach and an ability to ‘muck in’ when required.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the security of the house and to ensure a member of staff is in the house 24/7.
- To oversee the operation and arrange routine maintenance of the alarm system and ensure it is set as required.
- To oversee and arrange routine maintenance of the fire protection system.
- To oversee and monitor usage of the phone system.
- To assist the General Manager with house administration, via phone, email and letter.
- Arrange the house staff rota to ensure there is suitable cover at all times.
- To keep an accurate record of petty cash expenditure and add to the monthly accounting spreadsheet.
- Ensuring that all areas of the house are clean and free of dust on a daily basis.
- Cleaning/care of antique furniture and paintings. Advise General Manager of any items requiring specific attention or repair.
- Making sure all bedrooms are kept clean and tidy and beds are made.
- Ensuring all private and communal bathrooms/lavatories are kept clean and that high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Making sure that all general medicines/First Aid kits are kept stocked and within their ‘use by’ dates.
- Working with the housekeeping staff to ensure all cleaning supplies are kept stocked, maintaining a stock list and advising if anything needs to be purchased.
- Care and basic maintenance of all cleaning and laundry equipment and areas. Report any issues to the General Manager/Houseman
- Care and cleaning of silverware/brass using the correct methods as requested.
- Ensuring laundering of clothes and bed linen is carried out correctly.
- Dealing with any contractors, workmen or visitors as required.
- Working with other staff members to ensure that security within the house and grounds is maintained.
- Work occasional weekends and Bank Holidays as required when family are in residence.
- Overseeing any temporary housekeeping staff.
- Laying the table if required.
- Service at dinner parties as requested.
- Service of meals/snacks/refreshments as requested.
- Wear appropriate clothing for various duties.
Full time position. 2-bedroom apartment within the main house provided. Driver essential. Negotiable salary based on experience, circa £35k. (HU3944)