A young HNW family are looking for a Head Housekeeper & Lady’s Maid, for their new residence in Monaco. This experienced Wardrobe Manager and Head Housekeeper will have setup new homes and worked (ideally for an English Mother tongue) family with young children for quite a few years where the standards of the house are to the highest level. Experienced in managing a large international couture wardrobe and being ready to travel with the family on certain occasions is required. The role requires someone who has had experience as a senior housekeeper in a large private home who is hands on and proactive with excellent leadership skills and knowledge of the day-to-day tasks of a household. Independent, a quick thinker and solution finder, able to deal with last minute requests and small projects/ searches. Experienced in wardrobe management, packing with excellent knowledge in cleaning and caring for delicate and rare fabrics, furs and jewellery. Able to manage inventories and specialty items such as beauty products, medications and supplements for the whole family. Clear knowledge of high-end fashion, designer brand and latest beauty treatments and products. It is essential that the person be able to handle various tasks simultaneously while remaining calm and in control in highly demanding situations. You must maintain confidentiality at all times. Being the main point of contact of the Lady of the House for all matters concerning the cleaning of the house her wardrobe and that of other family members.
Duties will include
• Work closely alongside housekeepers daily to ensure the highest level of hygiene and detailed cleaning to all areas of the interior and exterior of the property.
• Pay special attention to the disposition and setup of all items in the house as per the wishes of the family as well as the organization of the family’s items, improving this with the Head Butler.
• Create new protocols of housekeeping and implement these in training staff as much as required
• Work with the Butler to help coordinate cleaning around the family’s movements to take advantage of even brief opportunities to provide service to areas of the household.
• Look after the family’s wardrobes to make sure that all clothes and items are organized, tidy and in excellent condition. In pairs or outfits where appropriate, bags and jewellery are properly presented and protected.
• Take daily inventory and check the levels of the family’s consumable items and ensure that there is an appropriate level of stock to ensure the family does not run out, optimizing space and expiry dates.
Must be fluent in English and have excellent conversational French. (Italian would also be advantageous). Must live within a commutable distance to Monaco or be willing to relocate at own expense. (If relocating accommodation will be provided for the trial period). Excellent references, certificates and drivers licence + EU passport required. Salary negotiable but circa 5,000 EU net/month based on experience, plus an annual bonus, agreed by the principals.