Essential Requirements: Previous experience of housekeeping in a private family home. Good team player. Fluent English, well presented, Driver and Non Smoker essential. Ability to work over weekends with flexibility for longer hours when the client is in residence.
Experienced housekeeper required for privately-owned Palladian Mansion, located just outside Barnet and set in 250 acres of parkland. The house is used both as a private part time residence and let out for both filming and private corporate events.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on housekeeper to join a small and friendly team. Reporting to the House Manager, you will be responsible for day to day housekeeping duties alongside the assistant house manager.
The successful applicant will come from a housekeeping background and will be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and excellent attention to detail. It would be helpful if you were computer literate and can use email and also have some knowledge of alarm and phone systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all areas of the house are clean and free of dust on a daily basis.
- Cleaning/care of antique furniture and paintings. Advise House Manager of any items requiring specific attention or repair.
- Making sure all bedrooms are kept clean and tidy and beds are made.
- Ensuring all private and communal bathrooms/lavatories are kept clean and that high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Ensuring that staff areas and facilities are monitored and cleaned every day.
- Liaising with the House Manager to ensure all cleaning supplies are kept stocked, maintaining a stock list and advising if anything needs to be purchased.
- Care and basic maintenance of all cleaning and laundry equipment and areas. Report any issues to the House Manager.
- Care and cleaning of silverware/brass using the correct methods as requested.
- Laundering and ironing of clothes and bed linen.
- Dealing with any contractors, workmen or visitors as required.
- Assisting the House Manager or principals with running local errands.
- Working with other staff members to ensure that security within the house and grounds is maintained.
- Being competent in using both the security and fire alarm systems.
- Work weekends and occasional Bank Holidays as required to ensure the house is not left empty.
- Liaise with the House Manager to ensure that a member of staff is on duty during days off, evenings and holidays.
- Cooking is not an essential part of this role, but a willingness to assist with food preparation and very basic ad hoc meals a bonus.
Hours of Work:
- From 9am to approx 5pm, when the owners are not in residence but flexible for longer hours when they are.
- Generally, the Housekeeper will be required to work 5 days a week, and most weekends. Wednesday and Thursday will be the two days off each week. One weekend per month off will be agreed in advance.
- A private spacious newly refurbished 1 bedroom flat is provided within the Main House.
- All services are provided for with the exception of phone calls.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE depending on previous experience. Partner to follow own occupation and small dog accepted and welcome. ASAP Start (HU3630)